Saturday, April 30, 2011

21 Weeks Pregnant

Best Moment of the week: We had a busy social week, going on three playdates, which is way above our norm. Especially enjoyed our Royal Wedding playdate yesterday and watching the fairy-tale-come-true of Price William and Princess Kate with Carter and our friends before my little prince can roll his eyes at me and tell me love is yucky. :)

Epiphany of the week: Things that are currently easy are no longer going to be easy when there are two little people to juggle. We picked up lunch from Moe's one day...which is challenging enough holding one squirming person so he doesn't tear the whole restaurant apart...what will I do with one squirming person and one tiny person??

Entertaining question/comment/story of the week: Glenn slipped and told our friend (and his co-worker) Erin the baby's name! We're so used to referring to him by his name these days that it's getting harder and harder to keep it a secret.

I think I will also add "story" to this category since I rarely remember the funny things people say. :)

Our cat Bailey's main goal in life is to go outside and this week he finally succeeded! Around 5pm on Thursday, I heard some meowing and thought I must have shut one of the kitties in a closet or the laundry room, so Carter and I went upstairs to look and couldn't find anything amiss. When we came back downstairs, I realized it was coming from the front door. I opened it and Bailey came running back in! He must have managed to sneak out when my mom left at 2:45. We always wondered after countless unsuccessful escape attempts (that involved us chasing him down and bringing him back) if he would come home by himself, and now we know that he will. :)

Obsessions: The 20 (well, 21) week sonogram on Monday, and making sure that our boy is really a boy

What I am most looking forward to this week: See above. What am I not looking forward to? My mom leaving on her 3 WEEK-LONG cruise. I hope she has a wonderful time (because she totally deserves it!) but we will miss having her here at our house twice a week, and I don't think I'm going to get much work done. :P

What I miss the most: Nothing, really.

Symptoms: Exhaustion. Getting a cold again, yuck-o! Dry, itchy skin on my face, but as my skin has dried out, so has my hair, which is looking fabulous these days and doesn't get greasy if I don't get to wash it every day. Also, baby is beating up on my bladder a lot, so I've increased my trips to the bathroom!

Milestones: Baby is 10.5" and three-quarters of a pound, about the size of a banana.

Weight: 135

No comments:

Post a Comment