Saturday, May 7, 2011

22 Weeks Pregnant

I've decided that if you take the time out of your busy schedule to read my silly blog, you deserve to get a little reward. So if you're reading this now, congratulations! You get to be in on our little secret, and I'd like to share with you our second son's name. Drumroll please...Collin Edwin McKay!

Now let's get one thing clear....this does not give you carte blanche to share the name with other people who might want to know. You're part of my special little club, so zip those lips! :) But I hope you like it. And if you'd like to leave me a comment to let me know you read this so I have some people I can say his name out loud to, I'd appreciate it! If you don't like it, or it's the name of some really awful person you once knew, or your dog's name, etc., you don't have to tell me that. :)

Best Moment of the week:
 Without a doubt, the sonogram on Monday. The one downfall was that we ended up having to bring Carter to the doctor with us (I got sick and since my mom was leaving for her cruise and didn't need to share my germs, there was no one else to watch him on short notice), and since he FREAKS OUT at doctors' offices right now, Glenn ended up sitting in the car with him instead of in the doctor's office with me. (He lasted about 30 seconds in the waiting room before making such a racket that Glenn couldn't handle it.) But the sonogram was still great. There's always that moment before the sonogram starts when I just hold my breath and hope that nothing is wrong, but as soon as he was up on the screen, he wiggled around and said hello, and all was right with the world. They checked his spine, heart, kidneys, bladder, brain, hands, fingers (and probably a few more things I can't remember right now), and everything looked perfect, which is what I like to hear. The only cause for a bit of concern (and not likely to be a problem) is that my placenta is a bit low, so they need to monitor it to make sure it doesn't turn into previa (where the placenta blocks the cervix, aka the way out). The sonogram tech said that I would definitely get another sonogram out of it, but my doctor really wasn't that concerned and wasn't going to schedule one. I begged though, and he consented, so at my 28 week appointment, we get another peek at little C. (And Glenn will hopefully get to come this time!) I've decided that there is such a thing as a sonogram high...despite being sick, I just felt so happy for the rest of the day.

Note: I will put up a few sonogram pictures once I get my scanner working again!

Epiphany of the week: After watching a "fat and happy" Carter after lunch today, we realized that in a year and a few months, we're going to have TWO crazy toddlers making laps around our house screaming like banshees.

Entertaining question/comment/story of the week: "There's one leg, there's the other leg, and there's the third leg." -Sonogram tech confirming that yes, we're having a boy

Me: Who's in Mama's belly?
Carter: Cah-yin (Collin).
Me: Who's Collin?
Carter: Bruzzah (brother).

Obsessions: My massively growing belly. It's amazing just how fast it's getting bigger now that I'm showing!

What I am most looking forward to this week: Mother's Day tomorrow, and spending some fun time with my hubby and Munchkin

What I miss the most: Nothing, really....no, I take that back. I miss cold medicine!!!

Symptoms: I am officially an emotional mess. For some reason I actually cried a lot less than "my normal" (which is pretty much like I am right now) during Carter's pregnancy and after he was born, but I'm back to crying at the drop of a hat...anything remotely sad on television and I'm all teary. And don't even get me started on how sentimental I am about Carter these days! Also, Collin has been using my bladder as a punching bag. I can literally feel it shake when he punches it, which sends me running to the bathroom.

Milestones: At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums.

Weight: 138...packing on the pounds!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name. Carter and Collin sound great together! Glad you got to see little guy #2 healthy. Will be praying/crossing fingers/thinking positive thoughts that the placenta does not move further and it was just a good excuse to get another sono. Love ya friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute name. And the boys will be too cute together. Congrats Jenni. Beautiful life. I love reading the blog and can feel your happiness radiating in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great name! Carter & Collin is SO CUTE! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his name! Thx for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete