Saturday, May 21, 2011

24 Weeks Pregnant

Best Moment of the week: Collin really started moving and grooving this week! He put on a significant amount of weight (about 4 ounces depending on my email updates...which is a lot when you weigh less than a pound!), and I think that really helped him make his presence known. I can now visibly see his jabs, which is very cool.

Epiphany of the week: I finally have Carter on a decent nap schedule...but once Collin is here, how am I going to lie down with Carter, read him his book (Cat in the Hat), sing him his songs, and help him fall asleep when there's a newborn demanding to be held?? Please, oh please, let me have a laid-back baby this time around!

Entertaining question/comment/story of the week: Carter: "Where's the dog?" (looking for his green dog stuffed animal, Scout) "There he is!" "Hi!" I love that he was able to ask a question, answer it, and have such a complete succession of thoughts. He also continues to count up a storm, and is finally understanding the meaning behind the numbers. I love, love, love watching him learn, and he amazes me every day.

Obsessions: Double strollers...do I really need one? Can I make do without? Will I kick myself if I don't get one?

What I am most looking forward to this week: My mom getting home from her cruise TODAY! Also looking forward to my sweet "niece" Tori's 11th birthday party tomorrow and seeing "Auntie" LeShayne and Carter's "cousins."

What I miss the most: Sleeping comfortably. My hips and legs have started getting really sore at night since all of my ligaments are loosening, and I hobble around for a while whenever I get up (which is often!).

Symptoms: I got reeeeeally worn out on Tuesday...that was the day Collin first started his visible kicks, and I think his growth spurt really took a lot out of me. Some days I really feel like I have it together, but Tuesday was not one of those days for me!

Milestones: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Weight: 141.5...hello again 140's.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for seeing jabs! I remember sitting at work and seeing it out of the corner of my eye for the first time. So cool! I'm glad I'm not the only preggo that hobbles a bit after getting out of bed :)

    ReplyDelete