Saturday, May 14, 2011

23 Weeks Pregnant

Best Moment of the week: Carter learned to count to 10 this week, and I couldn't be prouder of him! He'd been counting to 2 for a while, then started saying "1, 2, 3, 9, 10," then out of the blue was putting blocks back in the box with Glenn and he counted to 10 all on his own! Now he's obsessed with counting, and while he doesn't quite have the concept down all the time, he's getting there. He's also loving letters and likes to play with all of his different alphabets, matching the letters up and saying the ones he knows (and pretending to say the ones he doesn't).

Epiphany of the week: Going to the grocery store with two is going to be very, very hard!

Entertaining question/comment/story of the week: "One, Two, Free, Fo, Fi, Hicks (with gusto), Se-Nen, Eight, Nine, Ten!" - Carter

Obsessions: The little man (soon to be the big man, I guess) is just flooring me with his intelligence this week. I'm such a proud mama, and I just know having two is going to double that pride!

What I am most looking forward to this week: My mom getting home from her cruise next weekend. We've missed her greatly!

What I miss the most: Being able to get over the baby gates easily!

Symptoms: Peeing all the time, getting teary all the time...basically I'm just a faucet.

Milestones: (This totally cracked me up!) Baby's now the size of a papaya! Baby's little face is fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for baby: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples!

Weight: 139...I'm debating whether I should be counting from where I started, in which case I've gained 6 pounds, or from where I bottomed out, in which case I've gained 14 pounds. Will have to check with my doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment