Sunday, July 3, 2011

30 Weeks Pregnant

Best Moment of the week: We had a great week! We made more new friends on Monday with a "Jen and Kids" get together on Monday (there were three of us!), had a great time at the aquarium with Meg and Hunter on Wednesday, got to hang out with Auntie LeShayne and Carter's "cousins" Tori and Tristan on Friday, then met the adorable Baby Fischer afterward...what a cutie pie, great job, Auntie Erin!! I think the best moment, and quite possibly the most scary one, was deciding to rent our house out yesterday. I think I mentioned Jen from California in my last post...she and her family decided after looking at some other places to rent ours instead. We had to take a bit of a "pay cut" to make it work, but I think it will be worth it to avoid dealing with a property manager and to have nice, normal (and really, wonderful!) people living in our house taking good care of it. So we're MOVING IN 6 WEEKS. Gulp.

Epiphany of the week: Having a family is so much more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be. I had a picture in my head of how it would be, but really, nothing can prepare you for how wonderful children are and just how much you will love them. As we're about to welcome our second, I've been focusing so much on being nervous and worried about how we will all deal with it, but I need to keep in mind that it will also be more wonderful than I can even imagine, and I'm going to love Collin just as much as I love his big brother.

Entertaining question/comment/story of the week: Carter totally pooped in the bathtub this week! I think this has happened to all of my friends, and I thought I was just really lucky to have avoided it, but sure enough, my turn arrived on Friday! YUCK!! But we did survive, and the bathtub has been bleached to death. :)

Carter also started singing along to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song and trying to spell along with his name. Up until recently, Mickey Mouse was "Myna Mo" and that's still what he calls him most of the time, but he now calls him Mickey Mouse, too. He's getting so big!

Obsessions: Moving, moving, moving. I'm getting quotes for movers, putting together our rental agreement, and I'm going to start "purging" this week...getting stuff ready for Goodwill and tossing a lot of junk we don't need. We're also making a lot of decisions on the new house. We went to IKEA to figure out what we're doing for the new kitchen and partially new bathroom, and we picked out the kitchen backsplash and countertops yesterday at Home Depot. We have a plan for paint, and Glenn is picking the actual colors today.

What I am most looking forward to this week: SONOGRAM on Thursday!!!!!

What I miss the most: Sleeping comfortably, still. I think I will be in this holding pattern until I can roll onto my back again!

Symptoms: I have a very active baby now! He's visibly moving several times a day and getting vicious with those little feet. It's getting HARD to hold Carter now since my belly is massive, and my lap is almost gone! Otherwise, still tired and sore, but generally just feeling great and enjoying being pregnant.

Milestones:
Baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage).

Weight: 149ish

1 comment:

  1. When I was pregnant with Tristan I had a really hard time actually imagining what it would be like to love another as much as I loved the first. But then he came along and he was so fantastically different but just as wonderful! And it's been such a pleasure to see them be playmates and friends and bring out the best in each other. Can't wait to meet Collin and get to spend more time with both of your boys!!

    ReplyDelete