Saturday, July 16, 2011

31/32 Weeks Pregnant

Best Moment of the week:
31: We had a fun trip up to Brooksville to "Clare's house" (which Carter repeated all the way up there!) where my friend (and soon-to-be-tenant) Jen's family is currently staying. Her daughter Clare and Carter have already gotten to be good buddies, and we also played with her son Jackson and the other Jen and her kiddos Noah and Jack. We also had a fun trip down to Bradenton to see my friends Lisa and Kori and the gaggle of kids between them, Celine, Donovan, Brendan, Charlotte and Holden. Carter, Brendan and Holden are within a few weeks of each other, and they're finally at the point that they can all play "together," kind of, at least!

Best of all was Thursday, when we had our sonogram! When we first got there, Collin was flipped around backwards and we couldn't get a good look at his face (though the reason for having the sonogram...my low-lying placenta...was looking fine!) but the sonogram tech told us to come back after we saw the doctor and she would take another quick look for us! Next I went to see the nurse for all of my usual checks, and my blood pressure was a bit high for the first time. She let me sit for a minute since I was excited about the sonogram and had just walked from the waiting room, and it went down to normal, phew! (That was the first time it has ever been high!) Then I went to see Dr. Fallieras. I asked him about the Braxton Hicks I've been having lately, and it earned me my first internal check to make sure nothing was happening yet. Thankfully my cervix is still sealed up tight, but he told me to really keep an eye on the contractions to make sure nothing regular starts happening with them yet. Then we got to go back for another sonogram, woo hoo! Collin had flipped around so we got to see his cute little face, and he even stuck his tongue out at us! He also already has some hair, which is adorable! He's measuring at around 3.5 pounds and was about the 60th growth percentile...which of course you have to take with a grain of salt because ultrasound measurements aren't the most accurate, but good to know he's doing well in there. There's nothing like a sonogram...it really is like crack for a pregnant lady! :)

32: This week was pretty low-key after our big week last week. Carter and I mostly just chilled out, and I was busy with work, which has been pretty bonkers lately!

Epiphany of the week:
31: Carter started showing signs that potty training might be on the horizon. Previously, if you asked him if he went poo poo in his diaper, he would say no, even if he had. Starting last weekend, he came to me and said, "Poo poo diaper, let's change it!" then walked over to his changing table so I could change him. Now he tells me every time he goes, and he also kind of waddles, which is really funny!

32: I told my mom yesterday that I'd forgotten how hard the last few weeks of pregnancy can be on my body, as Collin has really started beating me up this week and I'm pretty darn uncomfortable. Her response? "Don't you have 8 weeks left?" As quickly as I'm sure it's going to go, 8 weeks is still a very long time when you're huge and pregnant! :)

Entertaining question/comment/story of the week:
31: Happy memory of the last space shuttle launch...Carter sitting on my lap excitedly whispering "space shuttle, space shuttle, space shuttle," as Atlantis blasted into outer space for the last time.

32: Me: "If you want a cookie, you have to say please first." Carter: (in complete seriousness) "Please first."

Obsessions: Still focused on moving. Work is starting on the "new" house today, and while we're still waiting to get the permit so most of the work can be done, at least we're out of the holding pattern we've been stuck in! I'm still really nervous about this whole situation though!

What I am most looking forward to this week: Aquarium with my moms' group and pool and dinner with the Hansards on Tuesday, Future Flipz with Auntie LeShayne, Tori and Tristan on Wednesday, and another doctor's appointment on Thursday.

What I miss the most: Being comfortable in my own skin. It's hard to find a comfortable position these days!

Symptoms: Collin is still so active! My boobs have also started getting bigger, which didn't happen with my last pregnancy. It's almost like they know what they're doing this time and are getting ready early. Sounds funny, but it's probably pretty true!

Milestones:
By now, baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama...funny, this was one of my Millionaire answers!) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. I'm gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

Weight: 151.5

No comments:

Post a Comment