Saturday, July 23, 2011

33 Weeks Pregnant

Best Moment of the week: Well, the week started out ok! My friend Amanda came over on Sunday with her sweet 7 month old, Ethan. Carter loved "baby Efan" and not only doted on him, but also didn't freak out when Mama held him. This is the third baby we've successfully avoided a meltdown with, phew! Let's just hope he does this well with his brother! We had a fun day on Tuesday, going to the aquarium with the Wesley Chapel Moms' Group, then having the Hansard family over to our/their house for a trip to the pool and pizza dinner. But then....

Epiphany of the week: I am officially not Superwoman. I think it was a combination of a lot of variables, but Wednesday my body rebelled against me, and as much as I've tried not to let my pregnancy slow me down, it turns out that I really need to slow down. From lifting Carter up and down a million times at the aquarium and carrying him halfway to the parking lot when he refused to walk, to catching him 50 times when he kept jumping in the pool, to just plain 'ole third trimester aches, pains and expanding joints, my body has never hurt so badly (with the exception of the week after Carter was born). My arms pretty much stopped working to the point that I couldn't even pick Carter up to put him on the potty/changing table/etc. and my lower back was just aching so badly I was miserable. There were lots of tears involved, but thankfully my mom was able to come over and help with Carter for a few days in a row so I wasn't alone with him in my poor, pitiful state.

Entertaining question/comment/story of the week: Here are a few of Carter's brilliant quotes:
"The shape of a stop sign is an octagon."
"I just sang the ABC song." (Well, not totally, but we're getting there!)
"Back to the Carter house to see Dada."
Watching Myna Mo, they were making pottery into shapes, and we were supposed to find the cylinder. Mickey: "Is that a cylinder?" Carter: "No, that's a square, that's a cube!" (And he can no correctly identify cylinders by name, too!)

Obsessions: Feeling better!

What I am most looking forward to this week: Hopefully I will be feeling like a human being again this week! If so, we're supposed to head over to a playdate at Maria's house to meet her new baby girl Soraya and play with Carter's friends. We'll see! We had to cancel a lot of plans this week because I was in too much pain to leave the house. I'm thinking that for the next few weeks, we will try to have friends come to our house more often so Carter is still getting to see his friends but I won't have to chase him around public places.

What I miss the most: I would really just like to be able to be myself again. It was really hard on me this week not being able to be a good mom to Carter, but I think I need to find a happy medium between where we've been and where we were this week. (My doctor told me I'm not allowed to carry him around anymore, so that will be adjustment #1!)

Symptoms: I think the only official pregnancy symptoms out of all of this week's aches and pains were the ones in my lower back. And at my doctor's visit this week, I made her check me and sure enough, I'm already dilated to 1 cm, which is EARLY! They hooked me up to the monitor to make sure I wasn't contracting (I'm not) so I got to hear Collin's perfect little heartbeat for about 30 minutes. Every time he would move (often these days!) you would hear a bit SWOOSH sound on the monitor. The moral of this week is SLOW DOWN.

Milestones:
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.

Weight: 152

No comments:

Post a Comment