Sunday, June 26, 2011

29 Weeks Pregnant



Best Moment of the Week: We made some new friends! I unofficially met Jen through one of my moms' groups...she was moving here from California and had some questions about the area, and I answered them for her, and we've been emailing back and forth ever since. Now it's a few months later, and her family has arrived in the Sunshine State, so she and her sweet kiddos came over for a playdate. Jackson is 3.5 and was perfectly content watching "Myna Mo" on TV while the little ones played, and Clare is 22 months old so she and Carter had a blast! We always love making new friends.

Epiphany of the week: My friend Sasha from one of my playgroups is pregnant, too, and she's due in November with her second son. She just announced that she's naming him Collin! We both got a good laugh out of our similar taste in names, so there will be TWO cute new Collins in our playgroup!

Entertaining question/comment/story of the week: Carter was "reading" Cat in the Hat to himself the other day. It was mostly babble, but he was turning the pages and got some of the words and storyline right on his own..."No, no, Cat in the Hat!" was one that I caught. When he was done, he said "The End" and shut the book just like I always do. I don't know how early he will actually read for real, but I think it will definitely be early at the rate he's going!

Obsessions: Still moving. We had talked about the possibility of the previously mentioned Jen and her family renting our house when they moved here, which would be great because there would be nice, normal people taking care of our house instead of random people who may not. It doesn't look like that is going to work out from a timing standpoint for us or a budget standpoint for them, so I think we're going to have to hire a property manager...booooo. But when?

And my NEW iPhone!! After dealing with my "possessed" Droid Eris for a year and a half, we finally bit the bullet and paid the $200 to get my pretty new iPhone 4, which is wonderful!

What I am most looking forward to this week: Pool party on Monday with the Meadow Pointe Moms' Club, Aquarium on Wednesday with Meg and Hunter, another playdate with Jen and the kids at some point in between, and (YAY!!) meeting my friend Erin's baby boy Fischer on Friday! Fischer and Collin will be about 3 months apart, and I know they will be good buddies!

What I miss the most: Not much.

Symptoms: Sore and tired with some crazy Braxton Hicks contractions

Milestones: Baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain – which is busy developing billions of neurons.

Weight: 147.5

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for you to meet him either! He is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete