Saturday, June 4, 2011

26 Weeks Pregnant

Best Moment of the week: Feeling Collin's adorable little hiccups for the first time! I was sitting at the dinner table and thought he must be flailing around a lot since I was feeling a lot of movement, and when I put my hand on my belly, I realized that it was a predictable pattern and he just had the hiccups! He gets them a few times a day now, just like Carter did. Which means he will probably have them all the time once he's out, too! He's been moving a lot more in general, too, and I've been able to push back on his feet and have him actually kick me a few times, which is fun! Glenn has had a few "whoa!" moments watching the turbulence in my belly.

Also, a pool party with my moms' group was lot of fun yesterday, but it was flanked by one of Carter's worst days of crankiness yet! I really, really, really hate teething...it turns my sweet boy into a nightmare! Thankfully he seems to be in better spirits today.

Epiphany of the week: Go to the bathroom before I get in the car. Even if I don't have to pee now, I will have to pee as soon as you start driving and then I will be miserable!

Entertaining question/comment/story of the week: My friend Larisa told me my hair looked nice yesterday and asked if I had something done to it since it was almost curly. I told her no, my hair just gets wavy during pregnancy and laughed that I hadn't even washed it in two days. Our friend Birgit added, "So basically it's a combination of pregnancy and motherhood."

Obsessions: Hiccups! Passing the glucose test....my fingers are still crossed on that one. They're supposed to call within a week if the results are abnormal, so I've almost made it that far. Though I think they took their sweet time to tell me it was abnormal last time, too. We'll see!

What I am most looking forward to this week: Fun playdate on Wednesday, hopefully a fun lunch date with my ex-work friends on Friday.

What I miss the most: This week, it was my sweet Carter instead of the teething monster! :)

Symptoms: Sore and sleepy, but generally feeling good. Also still pretty emotional, especially on "bad" days when Carter is driving me nuts. :)

Milestones: He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.

Weight: 143

No comments:

Post a Comment