Saturday, March 26, 2011

16 Weeks Pregnant

It seems that I might finally be feeling better after having a yucky cold for a week and a half. Carter and I went to his friend Hunter's birthday party today and had a blast hanging out with all of the girls I used to work with and their cute kiddos, and eating yummy food. It was definitely nice to be out and about after being house-bound for the past few weeks!

Carter's newest obsession is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney Channel, which he refers to as Myna-Mo. He absolutely loves this stupid show, which we are watching right now. I try not to let him watch too much television (for my sanity as much as his benefit), but he is certainly insistent when he wants his Myna-Mo fix. He has also starting calling 3 of our 4 cats by name...Bailey is Bay-e, Kenny is Ken-eh, and Sophie is Phie-Phie. He hasn't come up with one for Zoey yet, nor has he mastered my mom's name, Grancy. I think he was calling her Sissy or Sassy when we were driving to her house on Wednesday, but nothing with consistency yet. I'm sure she's anxious to finally have a name...though I will point out that I showed him a picture of me and my grandmother, who I called Nanoo, months ago, and he instantly picked her name up! :) I guess Nanoo is just easier than Grancy!

Best Moment of the week: Getting lots of flutters and kicks...I can't remember if I already recorded this or not, but I felt him so early this time...at 13.5 weeks. I let myself have one soda a day and he always goes nuts afterward, and I also feel him every night when I lie down in bed.

Epiphany of the week: If they decide to induce a week early with this pregnancy, there's a good chance he will share his birthday with our wedding anniversary. I'd like to avoid this if possible so Glenn and I actually have a chance of going out of town for our anniversary at some point in our life. :) Is that fate's way of telling me not to induce?

Entertaining question/comment of the week: Can't think of any.

Obsessions: Names, names, names! Glenn and I have a list, but he doesn't like my favorite and I don't like his favorite. We both loved Carter's name, so we're determined to find another name we both love for this little guy. But of course we will keep it a secret when we finally pick one. ;)

What I am most looking forward to this week: As of next Friday the 1st, I will finally have maternity coverage on my health insurance, phew!

What I miss the most: Nothing, really

Symptoms: Definitely some crampiness from round ligament pain. My belly is showing more and more by the day. Finally starting to feel GOOD, which is so nice after a long few months!

Milestones: Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. Carter LOVES avocado ("cado"), so hopefully he will love his brother, too!

Weight: I know most people will cringe that I'm adding this, but since it's something I want to keep track of and this is basically my pregnancy journal this time, I'm including it! I started out at 133, went up to 135 the first couple of weeks, then down to 124 at my lowest when I was sick last week. I haven't been under 130 since high school, so this sure has been strange for me! This morning I was 127, which is the first upwards movement on the scale in a while...I've actually been hungry for the first time in a long time and I'm trying to take full advantage of it...poor baby must be starving in there, and I'm sure he will be glad that Mama is finally feeding him!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you are feeling better! Can't wait to find out the name of this little guy too.

    ReplyDelete